High Season - November 15 to April 30
All rates are double occupancy. If you are a returnee there is a "returnee discount" of 10% on the high season prices.
Super Low Season - May 1 to June 15 and September 1 to November 15
Low Season - May 1 to November 14
At A Glance
- Rain Forest Casita (deluxe one-bedroom villa) 1 bedroom/2 beds + 1 futon sleeps 2 to 4
- Toucan Casita (one-bedroom villa) 1 bedroom/3 beds + 1 futon sleeps 2 to 4
- Mariposa Casita (two-bedroom villa) 2 bedroom/2 beds + 1 futon sleeps 2 to 4
- Katydid Casita (deluxe Two-bedroom villa) 2 bedroom/3 beds + 2 futons sleeps 2 to 6
- Volcano Studio (studio) 1 bedroom/2 beds sleeps 2 to 4
- Orchid Room (double room) 1 bedroom/1 bed sleeps 2
What do you get?
Lots of local information, the occasional dumb joke, a nice selection of wines, some lovely orchids in a delightful garden and:
- a delicious breakfast (or "breakfast to go" for those early airport exits at any time)
- one free international airport pickup with each room to help you find us safely (airport return by taxi is about $9)
- fridge, coffee maker, ceiling fan, fire safe, CD/alarm
- free WiFi and public internet station
- 2 large friendly and rambunctious dogs
- of course, great pillows and an excellent mattress
- plenty of parking inside our secure compound
- and a free upgrade and a 10% discount off the double rates in high season if you are a returning guest (but you need to remind us)
- and our special travelers guarantee - "if you are arriving on your first night in Costa Rica and your flight is canceled or diverted, you will not be charged for the room night for airlines that you can't control - no worries and Pura Vida!"
Garden, Reception Area and Orchid Restaurant
The Pura Vida Hotel is a colonial style former coffee finca. There is a main house/reception (Casa) and the rest of the hotel is "in the gardens". Our gardens have a nice view to Poas Volcano. If you want to go to Poas today, you can tell what the visibility will be like from your Casita or the restaurant area. We have 4 free standing Casitas, a studio and a room in the main Casa set in a secret garden overlooking the Rio Itiquis valley below.
We think this is the best place to start or end your marvelous journey to Costa Rica.More on the Pura Vida Hotel grounds
TEENY WEENY FINE PRINT
Or just go bla bla bla bla, stick your fingers in your ears and skip it . . .
- All rates are double occupancy - $20 for each additional person, maximum rate for any room/Casita is $245 (6 person occupancy), add 13% taxes to all rates
- Single occupancy any room - $90 as available
- Resident Rate single or double $75 with cedula
- Breakfast included in all room rates - "breakfast to go" available for early flights
- Pre-book FREE AIRPORT PICKUP for International arrivals - included in room rates
- All rooms and all public areas are non-smoking
- We email everyone confirmations, if you do not have a confirmation number, you do not have a guaranteed reservation
- Room guarantee by email/credit card - we do not pre-charge your card
- Payment accepted by cash or credit card
- Remember to book dinner (advance reservations required) - dinner is not always available OR book ahead a "late arrival" meal for flight arrivals after 6pm
- We cannot accept children 7 or under (or certain older males of the species), we have 2 rambunctious dogs (exceptions are possible for perfect angels with a note from their teacher)
- Parties of 12 or more - book entire hotel (run of the house rates) & dinner for your private party
"Before we left we could check out Poas from the restaurant... We had a wonderful early morning excursion to Poas Volcano, a great view of the volcano and a hike too."
Suzanne and Bruce, San Anselmo, California
"Thank you Pura Vida Hotel. We simply enjoyed this very relaxing place with a wonderful breakfast and an amazing dinner, surrounded by your beautiful garden."
Florence, Paris, France
Can we assist in your touring and travel planning?
- Itinerary planning assistance for you or your group - call or email any time
- Reliable and no hassle car rental can be delivered to breakfast table - email us for your car quote - only Toyota late model (usually this year) 2WD/4WD/Vans etc
- Private 12 or 15 or 24 passenger A/C van or bus with knowledgeable English speaking naturalist driver/guide for day trips, tours or just to get to your next destination with an experienced knowledgeable guide
- Great recommendations for hotels we love to stay at all over the country - owner occupied not faceless mirages (of course :-))