Taking Care of Your Tropical Adventure . . . Free International airport taxi pickup
Welcome to Costa Rica where the national "hello" and "good-bye" is "Pura Vida!" The Pura Vida is simply a place we'd like to stay. But first a few words from our guests and expert travelers and a little video from our locally active Poas volcano:
Choose a "hotel" a "B&B" or choose the "Pura Vida Hotel"?:
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER: "Lush gardens"
- SLEEPING WITH THE TOUCANS - 100 Great Places to Stay in Costa Rica: "Our stopover of choice, period."
- A FODOR'S CHOICE HOTEL: "Highly recommended."
- MOON HANDBOOK: "The best place, highly recommended"
- NEW KEY TO COSTA RICA: Ecotourism green rated hotel listed here
- "Friendly, clean,comfortable, tasty - it really is!", Viv in Calif
- "Better than my Castle and free Wi-Fi! Gee willikers!" Franz Kafka (1883-1924)
- ". . . the best dinners we could have imagined . . . creativity and aesthetic presentation reminded us of Alice Waters' renowned Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse," Sharon, California on TripAdvisor October 2013
Ask us about our special spots in Costa Rica . . .
- "Thank you - and in my best (Costa Rican) - Pura Vida!" - end of US President Obama's speech visiting Costa Rica May 3rd 2013 no doubt wondering why he stayed at the Intercontinental when we are a lot closer to the airport and they don't cook Bánh xèo :-))
- Reservations restricted to those with a sense of humor or accompanied by one
Deals and stuff we like:
- PROCRASTINATOR's SPECIAL: last minute bookings for occupation in NEXT 10 days, $90 any Casita double occupancy includes our excellent breakfast and airport taxi service for international arrivals.
- POAS VOLCANO has gone active! 45 minutes from the Pura Vida Hotel - Check the Poas eruption October 8th 2014 - also see POAS under "Activities & Tours". Yes you can walk up to the edge of this crater most days.
Click on RESERVATIONS or CONTACT US or CHAT or just email or phone us if you have ANY questions about traveling in Costa Rica.
"Here I hoped to have the leisure to mature my thoughts on these baffling problems."
Alexander F. Skutch, A Naturalist in Costa Rica written around 1940 (one of the greatest naturalists to adopt Costa Rica).