Taking care of your Tropical Adventure . . . free International airport taxi pickup
Welcome to Costa Rica where the national "hello" and "good-bye" is "Pura Vida!" The Pura Vida is simply a place we'd like to stay. But first a few words from our guests and expert travelers and a little video from our locally active Poas volcano:
CHOOSE A "HOTEL" OR CHOOSE THE PURA VIDA?:
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER: "Lush gardens"
- SLEEPING WITH THE TOUCANS - 100 Great Places to Stay in Costa Rica: "Our stopover of choice."
- A FODOR'S CHOICE HOTEL: "Highly recommended."
- MOON HANDBOOK: "The best place, highly recommended"
- NEW KEY TO COSTA RICA: Ecotourism green rated hotel listed here
- "Friendly, clean,comfortable, tasty - it really is!", Viv in Calif (being my sister she has known good taste :-))
- "Better than my Castle and free Wi-Fi! Gee willikers!" Franz Kafka (1883-1924)
- ". . . the best dinners we could have imagined . . . creativity and aesthetic presentation reminded us of Alice Waters' renowned Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse," Sharon, California on TripAdvisor October 2013
- "Thank you - and in my best (Costa Rican) - Pura Vida!" - end of US President Obama's speech visiting Costa Rica May 3rd 2013 no doubt pondering why he stayed at the Intercontinental when we are a lot closer to the airport and they don't cook Bánh xèo :-))
- Reservations restricted to those with a sense of humor or accompanied by one
DEALS & STUFF WE LIKE:
- PROCRASTINATOR's SPECIAL: last minute bookings for occupation in NEXT 10 days, $90 any Casita double occupancy includes our excellent breakfast and airport taxi service for international arrivals.
- POAS VOLCANO has gone active! 45 minutes from the Pura Vida Hotel - Check the Poas gone active video (slow to load) - also see POAS under "Activities & Tours" menu above.
- CELEBRATING AN ANNIVERSARY, HONEYMOON, BIRTHDAY? Remind us and we will do something.
- Nice little helicopter video on Costa Rica: ask us how to find these places
- COSTA RICA #1 AGAIN - The TED Video: happy and sustainable
Click on RESERVATIONS or CONTACT US or CHAT or just email or phone us if you have ANY questions about traveling in Costa Rica.
"Here I hoped to have the leisure to mature my thoughts on these baffling problems."Alexander F. Skutch, A Naturalist in Costa Rica written around 1940The Pura Vida Hotel, Alajuela, Costa RicaMinutes from the SJO International AirportPhone: +506-2430-2929 Emergency: +506-8878-3899Email: email@example.com